POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Probe Interface : Re: The Probe Interface Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:29:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Probe Interface
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 7 Feb 2017 07:50:00
Message: <web.5899be15145c101eed9f7b990@news.povray.org>
Cheers all! :)

"Mr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I like the composition *a lot*, to nitpick for improvements hoping it's not too
> late for that? I would expect a little more differences between the texture
> normal and specularity of the black tentacular thing and those of surrounding
> rocks if they are of different matters, aren't they?

Thanks! \o/

The tentale creature is actually a maintenance interface for probes down in the
hangar deck of the starship, and is made of the same substance as the ship
itself, even though differing just slightly in appearance. The ship, the
equipment and even the encountersuit-like body of the protagonist are
fungal-based life-forms/structures/constructions that are augmented
synthetically through a matter I call simply "resource", that is a valuable
subject in desperate demand in this particular lore/universe. All in all, I try
not to explaing too much about ie. physics, matter or how things work, as
personally I like some mystery factor in it all, thus everything is - or at
least tries to be - about weird and unknown stuff happening around somewhere far
out in a distant space, hehe. :)