POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Visualizing camera view frustum : Re: Visualizing camera view frustum Server Time
27 Apr 2024 00:28:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Visualizing camera view frustum
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 20 Jan 2017 10:10:00
Message: <web.588227ff1652a4dcc437ac910@news.povray.org>

> Are you using a perspective camera or orthographic?

I re-read this, and:
The camera for the native scene - using screen.inc, is perspective.
I have rear, side, and orthographic views that use an orthographic camera to
view the native perspective camera's frustum in the "meta-scene"
The side-rear view of the perspective frustum uses a perspective camera.

I've seen some references that define other frustrums (frusta?) that reshape the
perspective frustum into a rectangular solid ("clipping frustum") I suppose for
easier handling of the data.
That uses a matrix to transform the perspective frustum and object coordinates.

I don't see why a frustum for the native scene couldn't be orthographic - future
work.   :)