POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : bright specks intersecting media objects : Re: bright specks intersecting media objects Server Time
19 Jun 2024 15:25:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bright specks intersecting media objects
From: omniverse
Date: 4 Jan 2017 21:10:01
Message: <web.586daabcd75225c89c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> The first thing that I would do is try binding the boxes in a merge.

This needs all surfaces, or rather the shaped media to show but I gave it a try
anyhow. If the outer containing box is removed I couldn't see specks but the
media loses each individual box shape.
Putting containing box back in shows triangular parts just like intersection
does to it.

> Another thing to try would be to slightly enlarge the containing boxes :
> box{-1.01, 1.01 ...rest of the definition here...}
> That also mean altering your density_map :
> density_map{ [0 rgb 0][1e-6 rgb 1][0.1 rgb 0] }

Thanks for trying to help Alain, unfortunately I wasn't able to fix it that way
either. I had already tried that before, changing media thickness and scaling
it. Checked that again just now, same bright specks.

I was thinking it might have been the pattern coinciding with the shape exactly
and needed to be offset slightly, I guess not. It's more like the box (and
sphere, others?) intersecting points of surfaces cause a complication for the
media.

Bob