POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : regarding wax experiment : Re: regarding wax experiment Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:48:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: regarding wax experiment
From: omniverse
Date: 15 Dec 2016 01:25:00
Message: <web.585236dae6b304bb9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Thought I would try scattering media in an attempt to find how it differs from
subsurface scattering.

Found that all (using method 3 defaults) media scattering types, except 5 with
some change to eccentricity, do not cause the kind of light/dark (or top/bottom,
lit/unlit) differences if all else is the same.

This image shows the scattering type 5 with eccentricity 0, upper block of wax,
and eccentricity 0.2 for the lower.

Might be common knowledge but I wasn't sure yet about potential characteristics
of media to mimic SSLT, without special adjustments or trickery like changing
parameters of separate instances. Maybe I'm learning something. :)

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'wax_media08.jpg' (17 KB)