POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isofunctions and meshes : Re: Isofunctions and meshes Server Time
2 May 2024 06:04:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isofunctions and meshes
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 9 Dec 2016 08:05:01
Message: <web.584aaaf9b9cec73d7b4f57df0@news.povray.org>
"John Greenwood" <joh### [at] john-greenwoodcouk> wrote:
> "Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
>
> > IIRC the resolution has to be raised considerable if you have no recursion.
>
> > I think that using recursion may lead to unwanted holes.
>
> This seems to work. With resolution = 50 and depth =0, the result was similar in
> smoothness to resolution = 8 and depth =1 and the time taken was about the same.
>
> And no sign of gaps so far.

Good :)

> Incidently, I see that the object is mesh and not mesh2. I thought I had seen
> something about an improvement to this meshing programme that produced a mesh2
> and was faster?

Warp once made a program that can compress triangle meshes, but I don't remember
exactly what it can do. The latest version I can find mentioned is v3.0. It is
mentioned here:

http://www.povcomp.com/entries/46.php

I've tried to search for it, but with no luck so far. Perhaps someone else in
here knows where to find it. If not, you can just ask Warp.

> Thanks for the help.

No problem.

--
Tor Olav