POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POV 'n' Roll: building the railings : Re: POV 'n' Roll: building the railings Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:33:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV 'n' Roll: building the railings
From: omniverse
Date: 5 Dec 2016 00:20:01
Message: <web.5844f88c65b23b2a9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
=?UTF-8?Q?J=c3=b6rg_=22Yadgar=22_Bleimann?= <yaz### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> On 04.12.2016 09:21, omniverse wrote:
>
> > Speaking of pixels, might it be a blasphemy to use antialiasing? Or is that of
> > any matter for this project?
>
> As the whole thing is meant to be animated, I doubt whether it really
> would profit from antialiasing - it would be hard to tell at 25 or 30 fps!

Some confusion here, I believe. I meant the old game probably didn't have any AA
due to a lack of smooth curves in the grid-like pixels and the low display
resolution. I was only guessing anyhow.

Your first person views looking high resolution aren't as pixelated, therefore
smooth and possibly AA'd. So I was wondering if that didn't matter, to not
retain an overall low resolution appearance?

Bob