POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isofunctions and meshes : Re: Isofunctions and meshes Server Time
2 May 2024 05:33:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isofunctions and meshes
From: omniverse
Date: 4 Dec 2016 14:15:00
Message: <web.58446a6bb9cec73d9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
"John Greenwood" <joh### [at] john-greenwoodcouk> wrote:

> I understand that with a mesh object I can change the colour locally. This will
> be much better for introducing lip colours and rosy cheeks in this example.
>
> (I have posted the result in povray.binaries.images/ but am not clear if and how
> to make it appear here)

If by a link...?

http://news.povray.org/web.5842b2dd261ae99ae15d43a80%40news.povray.org

That object to mesh stuff is fascinating, unfortunately I'm terrible with
meshes. And not so good with isosurfaces either. LOL

Looks like you got a fair result. When I tried the in-pov converting from Chris
Young I was getting inner CSG surfaces found until changing from unions to
merge. Something I hadn't expected. No idea what could happen with isosurfaces
based on that.

Wish you luck.

Bob