POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ceramic (screenshot of latest animated film) : Ceramic (screenshot of latest animated film) Server Time
24 Apr 2024 18:41:41 EDT (-0400)
  Ceramic (screenshot of latest animated film)
From: Dan Byers
Date: 30 Nov 2016 23:55:02
Message: <web.583fabf2b5bde83ebb95b1840@news.povray.org>
Greetings.  I've taken yet another old image that has been adorning my workplace
desktop background for the past 10+ years and given it some motion.  The actual
video(s) are available here:

YouTube
https://youtu.be/9X_lazspT10

Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BNdRfGQDpWB/

It loops forever and ever, so if you want to wind down your phone's battery...
:)

Production notes:  240 frames rendered at 1080x1080 pixels, each frame rendering
1.5 hours (two instances of POV-Ray running on an iMac 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 w/
8 GB RAM (MacOS El Capitan).  Lots of area lights and reflective surfaces slowed
this down, but if I was using my old iMac 266 Mhz from 10 years ago I'd probably
still be on the first frame :\

Enjoy...

--
Dan Byers
roadkillpuppy.com (formerly dbdoodles.net, formerly goofygraffix.com)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'a0064.png' (1503 KB)

Preview of image 'a0064.png'