POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fungal Origins : Re: Fungal Origins Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:40:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fungal Origins
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 26 Nov 2016 15:55:00
Message: <web.5839f65894e2276cec042d970@news.povray.org>
[GDS|Entropy] <gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom> wrote:
> Very nice!
> What was the isosurface you used for that terrain? I wouldn't mind
> borrowing that...

There are two "f_ridged_mf" isosurfaces in the scene.

As I mentioned on the 1st page, my images are finished and official artwork for
an indie game project I'm workin on, thus for now I'm keeping the exact syntaxes
for myself. I'd like to encourage everyone to seek their own path, as there are
good documentations and a couple of very nice tutorials out there as well. ;)

Worth checking out:
http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/addon/00_Basic_Templates/40_Isosurfaces_basic_functions/__index.htm
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/

> The quote sounds familiar....but I cannot place it, and reminds me of the
> Clay minds from Shining Bright Eternity by Gregory Benford.

The text is completely my own creation and part of my story. Any similarities to
something else is pure coincidence. :)