POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Help - very difficult when it should be easy : Re: Help - very difficult when it should be easy Server Time
29 Apr 2024 15:31:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help - very difficult when it should be easy
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Nov 2016 13:00:00
Message: <web.583335c8ba97f5c1c437ac910@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:

> > ("point", "axis", "vector" ...   sure.   They're all the same thing.)
>
> No, points and vectors are not the same thing:

> Does this code do what you want ?
> (Replace your for loop and everything within it with this code.)

I missed this in the flurry of weekend posts - Thanks for taking the time to
look this over and offer some fully-coded solutions!
It's VERY much appreciated.

I'll paste it into my scene and give it a go.  I always like to explore multiple
methods of accomplishing the same task - they are often different in small ways
that make one particular way well suited to solving a problem in the future.

Thanks as always for your help and expertise!

PS.  Any ideas why the degrees(atan2()) results need to be sign-inverted?
IS it the left hand coordinate system that POV-Ray uses?