POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha : Re: arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha Server Time
19 Apr 2024 05:36:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha
From: omniverse
Date: 20 Nov 2016 22:35:01
Message: <web.58326a51a6150ab59c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> Am 21.11.2016 um 02:39 schrieb omniverse:
>
> > Found out what makes the change happen. Camera blur messes with both the area
> > light and subsurface.
>
> Found the culprit.
>
> The jitter effect is quasi-intentional (it's part of how it speeds up
> stuff) and was no surprise for me.
>
> The difference in the shadow falloff, on the other hand, is anything but
> intentional, and will be fixed in the next build.

Encouraging to hear. Posted what else I was finding from scene file changes, as
you will have seen before this.
Maybe if area light adaptive can be reduced from 2 to 1, possibly 0, that could
mean much faster render times versus official POV-Ray 3.7 and still retain
quality.

I'm going to hope so anyhow, and much good luck to you regardless of the
outcome.

Bob