POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha : Re: arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:11:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha
From: omniverse
Date: 20 Nov 2016 18:40:00
Message: <web.5832344ba6150ab59c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
Didn't say a couple things I should have...

The only subsurface scattering object is the lower portion of chess piece. The
chess board is simply wood patterns from sample files.

And the problem I'm seeing with UberPOV area_light is about the unsmooth
shadows, which is as though keyword 'jitter' were used.
Increasing adaptive helps eliminate that but also smears the shadows, and
obviously increases render time.

Again, no changes in things like SSS sampling or anything else is done between
renders.

Bob