POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha : arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha Server Time
26 Apr 2024 00:20:36 EDT (-0400)
  arealight speed UberPOV compared P-R 3.7.1.1 alpha
From: omniverse
Date: 20 Nov 2016 18:30:00
Message: <web.5832318e6bbafc9d9c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
And quality, not to forget that.

UberPOV (current release) can be very fast with subsurface scattering and
area_light, however there's a caveat.
Using all the same scene, other than changing adaptive number for area light,
there's some kind of breakdown in quality of the shadows and SSS.

Here's the image put together from 3 separate renders of a corner of the chess
set scene I've been using with camera blur, radiosity, SSS and 2 area lights
(changed adaptive of both).
Render times shown. Please be aware I resized about 30% larger to make the
differences more visible but still exist at the original size.

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pr3711alpha up sss arealight compared.png' (400 KB)

Preview of image 'pr3711alpha up sss arealight compared.png'
pr3711alpha up sss arealight compared.png