POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : LDraw user needs POV help : Re: LDraw user needs POV help Server Time
5 May 2024 19:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LDraw user needs POV help
From: Roland Melkert
Date: 18 Nov 2016 16:55:00
Message: <web.582f776da94cadc5369a059c0@news.povray.org>
> On 11/16/2016 10:06 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> > Could someone take a look at this forum thread and help the user learn
> > to use POV-Ray properly?
> >
> > http://forums.ldraw.org/showthread.php?tid=21710&pid=23858&mode=threaded
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Mike

Hello all, I'm that user :)

The main problem I'm having is mixing multiple texture blocks to mimic the LDraw
OpenGL rendering.

I was expecting the multiple layers to 'inherit' things from the lower textures
so if you have a red pigment with some reflection etc and add a image_map
texture on top of that it would result in a surface with the top level textures
properties but with the png blended on top.

I hope this is somewhat understandable from non LDraw users.

See this post for an OpenGL comparison with the current exported results.

http://forums.ldraw.org/thread-21710-post-23886.html#pid23886