POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:12:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: Mr
Date: 15 Nov 2016 04:40:00
Message: <web.582ad6a15604f2316086ed00@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> > Yes, I know, but I understand that this is embedded in Blender, isn't
> > it? So, is that not a problem for those not familiar with Blender?
>

> I would love to see what LanuHum's translator makes of that last
> sentence. ;-)
>
> The problem with Blender is that it is so big and it takes a lot of time
> to get to the point where you don't have to think about how to do
> things. But I can see that it will be worthwhile.
>
> And the Z-axis is up. :(
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

I was thinking about the coordinates system this morning in the bus! Telling
myself it would come up in the discussion:
Our exporter applies transformation matrices to Blender objects and
switches them to pov coordinates this makes it comfortable for the user who
dosen't even have to think about xyz for simple scene drafting visually and can
keep thinking in pov coordinates system once he exported the scene and tweaks it
in a text file if necessary,

It does give us more complexity in the development of this exporter. Does it
slow up our export by a lot?

Anyway if one day one of the two software offered the two coordinates sytems, we
would strip these lines and see what it changes, but until then we'll have to
keep adapting.