POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 25 years of POVRay : Re: 25 years of POVRay Server Time
15 May 2024 03:43:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 25 years of POVRay
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 14 Nov 2016 15:00:00
Message: <web.582a16873f4547424bdc0c460@news.povray.org>
Hi everyone,

A bit late to the party here, it took me some time to root through my old
pov-ray stuff. The source for this image is date-stamped February 1995!
Furthermore, I have a few others that are as old as 1993 (although they are far
less interesting, and sadly unrenderable without modification).

I rendered this freshly - I don't have any original images from this period,
since I first used an ARM-compiled version of POV-Ray (PVRay as it was
originally known) on Acorn's RISCOS. Although it did output TGA, I only seem to
have Acorn spritefiles left now, which I can't decode easily at the moment.

It's quite impressive that the include files and syntax is sufficiently
backward-compatible to render now without any changes except for include file
paths :)

Happy 25th POV-Ray!

Bill

Post a reply to this message