POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : PovRay Google Trends : Re: PovRay Google Trends Server Time
5 May 2024 21:53:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay Google Trends
From: LanuHum
Date: 11 Nov 2016 10:00:01
Message: <web.5825dbe55604f237a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
[GDS|Enropy] <gdsHYPHENentropyAThotmaolDOTcom> wrote:
> I understand the position but if we don't actively care and do something
> the community will continue to shrink, and then for what justification will
> the developers continue their work? How will we attract new developers when
> the original ones retire their grand effort?
>
> There are many ways to effect change. Simply creating and posting beautiful
> works which can be picked up by search engines and linked to Pov is one.
>
> The trick is to get the engines to find them and then get people to realize
> the work came from pov. Perhaps a small watermark in a corner would work,
> since even in image searches people will see it came from Pov.
>
> Ian
>
> LanuHum <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > My opinion: Community Povray users are not interested in the popularity of
> > Povray.
> > I and Mr tried to talk about their work - is not willing to learn something.
> > Unfortunately, I am not an 2d/3d-artist, I'm a programmer working in the narrow
> > direction. I did everything that I can.
> > It remains useless, but it was a big step towards the popularity of Povray.
> > In the plans of developers as the popularity of the Povray can not be traced.

A lot of exclusive and beautiful work done by users Povray.
Many of the works are unique, but are created using text editors.
People used their own software solutions.
Now very few who want to use a text editor to create 3d-scenes.
Fate Povray in the hands of existing developers. Without them, it is difficult
to change something.
I have seen the future Povray: animation with textures, caustics, blob, CSG,
DF3, cloth, rigid and soft body.
But I have a little knowledge to understand the source code.
I could not write a single patch to speed up the exchange of data between the
Blender-3d and Povray.
I have to wait more experienced programmers who like my idea. :)