POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 25 years of POVRay : Re: 25 years of POVRay Server Time
26 May 2024 11:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 25 years of POVRay
From: omniverse
Date: 5 Nov 2016 22:35:00
Message: <web.581e96283f4547429c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
David Buck <dav### [at] simberoncom> wrote:

> Here's an image rendered by DKBTrace before it became POVRay.  It was
> modeled by Rick Demers at Carleton University.

That sky is what I was wanting to see again! Just like I remember it.

I suppose this would have been old ruins before its time if really built that
way. Not going to collapse as it is, being a ray traced image!

To my eyes there's an illusion of actual surface displacement because the two
nearest column bases aren't touching the ground. Of course the 'normal' waviness
helps to do that. Realized it must be a sphere it is set upon, not centered atop
it. Only a guess.

Bob