POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 25 years of POVRay : Re: 25 years of POVRay Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:21:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 25 years of POVRay
From: omniverse
Date: 4 Nov 2016 21:45:00
Message: <web.581d38f03f4547429c5d6c810@news.povray.org>
> A quick image in response to posting in povray.general.

Wow, that ground texture is like animation in a still image! Makes it look like
the guys are standing in moving water.

I was going to try finding something I made from at least 1993 for nostalgia but
realized I couldn't do much until later on, so sifted through and revived this
Galileo thermometer from 2000. It sure had mistakes or problems when it was put
away!
Still does, something stalls the render at the top float for hours unless image
output is a smaller resolution.

Anyway... put it into the POV-Ray logo from the included example files, added a
number and voila!

Bob

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'pov-ray_logo_25-years_galileo-thermometer.png' (225 KB)

Preview of image 'pov-ray_logo_25-years_galileo-thermometer.png'
pov-ray_logo_25-years_galileo-thermometer.png