POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : plotting a 3D gaussian question : plotting a 3D gaussian question Server Time
26 Apr 2024 08:24:38 EDT (-0400)
  plotting a 3D gaussian question
From: Martin
Date: 27 Oct 2016 11:10:00
Message: <web.58121806ce56b72edd4282660@news.povray.org>
Hi,

i am new to povray and want to use it for scientific images. I want to plot a
semitransparent 3D gaussian function into my image: (at the spot of the green
balls)

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/4521/38isrmk6_png.htm

I have tried playing around with isosurface functions, but for some reason it
just doesnt just show up inside the structure. Can you give me a hint how to
position a plotted function at an arbitrary position? For Example I want to
create it with the center peak at the sharp cone end pointing into the green
stuff.

thanks for help,
Martin