POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Meshified parametrics : Re: Meshified parametrics Server Time
21 May 2024 00:48:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meshified parametrics
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 24 Oct 2016 10:15:00
Message: <web.580e168e901ead53b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> Mike Horvath <mik### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> >  I read one person write HSV is good for photographers, but I
> > don't understand how, and I never use HSV personally if I can help it.
>
> That's an odd claim.  I don't see how either HSV or HSL would be good for
> photographers, as the L or V component corresponds to the inner workings of the
> color system, and not to visual impression.  Wikipedia goes into the downsides
> of these systems.

I worked out pretty much everything over the weekend - I think part of the issue
was trying to figure out how to make the subdivisions of the grid fit into the
number of frames - I made the frames equal the number of divisions of Phi times
the number of divisions of Theta - which is a lot, but the math is easy and it
gives even divisions.

Both a torus and a trianguloid trefoil worked out well and were fully
animatable.

Final frames posted here:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'parametric_animation5400.png' (111 KB)

Preview of image 'parametric_animation5400.png'
parametric_animation5400.png