POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help needed with the focal blur module : Re: Help needed with the focal blur module Server Time
17 May 2024 07:44:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with the focal blur module
From: udyank
Date: 18 Oct 2016 00:45:01
Message: <web.5805a838315ae166f2ed086a0@news.povray.org>
> I can't give you a definite answer, but, here's my interpretation :
> The "f" parameter could be seen as the ratio between the length of the
> direction vector and the apperture value. It don't mather if that plane
> is in front or beheind the camera's location, just the absolute values
> count.
> The focal length could be seen as the length of the direction vector.

Thanks for that! I'll try it out and see if these work. Might need some
experimenting. Although I have to ask: why isn't there a definite answer to this
question? Is this something that POVRay doesn't want to simulate as such?
Because they (focal length, aperture) seem to be pretty standard things a person
would want to set in their scene setups when they place their camera, and be
able to easily control them to see changes/effects etc. in their outputs.