POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Example of potential pattern use with emitting media. : Re: Example of potential pattern use with emitting media. Server Time
30 Apr 2024 16:58:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Example of potential pattern use with emitting media.
From: omniverse
Date: 13 Oct 2016 16:30:00
Message: <web.57ffee3fa406c867b1933f770@news.povray.org>
> On 10/12/2016 01:40 PM, omniverse wrote:
> >
> > I wouldn't have guessed right how you were doing that, thanks for explaining.
--->8---8<---
> Making the container a little larger doesn't eliminate the bad fringe
> media intervals, but rather it tends to move them outward to where there
> is a density of 0 - often helping with bright speckles at least.
--->8---8<---
> As for the media fringe speckles themselves, I have the thought perhaps
> we could test media intervals for sanity. Is the mid-point of the range
> inside the container; Are points just a little beyond the two end points
> both testing as outside the container; ahead of sampling and calculation.
>
> Lastly, could I please get a copy of your last scene to add to my blob
> artifact cases?

Sure thing, I will just go ahead and put the fairly short SDL (yet too long to
post here probably) at the scene file text group. You will no doubt need to zoom
the camera for closer looks, or render very large images!

I had no idea sturm was a known cause of semi-transparent blobs. Hope to see
your change idea get added. Thanks!

Bob