POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Example of potential pattern use with emitting media. : Re: Example of potential pattern use with emitting media. Server Time
30 Apr 2024 09:57:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Example of potential pattern use with emitting media.
From: omniverse
Date: 12 Oct 2016 13:45:00
Message: <web.57fe7594a406c867b1933f770@news.povray.org>
> In an animation I suspect it is changing path length(s) through emitting
> media that you are seeing more than blob container fringe, speckling,
> effects. Especially as it looks to me like you are using some focal blur
> which acts like strong AA with respect to all sorts of speckles and noise.
>
> I went with multiple density based medias with set emission/absorption
> colors which I then mixed at particular locations by using different
> set-color blob components to get additional colors. In other words,
> where white is seen there are really three overlapping medias of Red
> Green and Blue. The containing blob for all the medias was constructed
> to contain the blobs of each of the set-color medias.

I wouldn't have guessed right how you were doing that, thanks for explaining.

Occurred to me that I wasn't using the blob 'sturm' keyword and gave that a try,
not using AA or focal blur this time. Made matters worse, and I mean sturm did
not just removing the AA.
Closer look in images shown here.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'potentialblobartifacts.png' (352 KB)

Preview of image 'potentialblobartifacts.png'
potentialblobartifacts.png