POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Help needed with the focal blur module : Re: Help needed with the focal blur module Server Time
2 May 2024 12:27:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Help needed with the focal blur module
From: omniverse
Date: 11 Oct 2016 22:20:01
Message: <web.57fd9d77315ae166b1933f770@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:
> For media, the minimum/maximum mechanism is ONLY for sampling method 1
> and 2 where you have multiple intervals.
> Now, with method 3 been the default, only the first value is ever used.
> Any second value is silently ignored. Also, ratio, variance and
> confidence are NOT used

Ahh yes, method 3 default. I'm relearning thanks to you. I sure didn't know it
only accepts a single sampling number, unlike the other two methods. Albeit
optional still.

Definitely know about that pesky intervals thing. Could never bring myself to
use more than 2. Always something to slow down a newer faster computer!

Thanks again, teacher Alain!