POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Area light idiosyncrasies : Re: Area light idiosyncrasies Server Time
30 Apr 2024 03:16:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Area light idiosyncrasies
From: Samuel B
Date: 10 Oct 2016 12:50:00
Message: <web.57fbc68cdd05ae959adf830b0@news.povray.org>

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/33510979/generator-of-evenly-spaced-points-in-a-circle-in-python

> Mike

Vogel's model of the Fermat spiral is very useful:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermat%27s_spiral

One of its greatest advantages is that you can choose an arbitrary number of
points.

There's also a version that covers a sphere. I'm still wondering how to /fill/ a
sphere using similar math, but I've failed at every attempt thus far and haven't
yet seen anyone anywhere manage to do it (yes, that's a challenge to everyone
because I'd really like to see it!).

Sam