POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration) : Re: Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration) Server Time
27 Apr 2024 14:30:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interested in CMake support (build system, IDE integration)
From: LanuHum
Date: 9 Oct 2016 16:50:00
Message: <web.57faac61dc6ec2767a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
> Am 09.10.2016 um 11:57 schrieb LanuHum:
>
> > To build the project in Linux, I wrote a single file CMakeLists.txt
>
> > set( SOURCE_ROOT                    source )
> > set( SOURCE_BASKEND                 source/backend )
> > set( SOURCE_BASKEND_BOUNDING        source/backend/bounding )
> > set( SOURCE_BASKEND_CONTROL         source/backend/control )
> > set( SOURCE_BASKEND_LIGHTING        source/backend/lighting )
> > set( SOURCE_BASKEND_RENDER          source/backend/render )
> > set( SOURCE_BASKEND_SCENE           source/backend/scene )
> > set( SOURCE_BASKEND_SUPPORT         source/backend/support )
> Isn't that overly verbose? Can't CMake build the contents of an entire
> directory tree recursively?
>
> (I guess for your own project you're probably ok with this for now, but
> I'm also interested in exploring the potential of CMake for official
> POV-Ray, so since you're toying around with CMake anyway, I'd be
> grateful if you could investigate a bit further in that direction.)

My problem - poor understanding of English.
No information in Russian.
Russian-speaking programmers write in English.
I hardly found aux_source_directory. :)))))
Usually written CMakeLists.txt for each directory.
But I do not think a large file.
This is much less than: configure.in, configure.ac, makefile.in, prebuild.sh,
bootstrap, makefile and so on.
Yes, I got ready config.h and the source code has disabled some functions.
I need to understand more.