POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Orientation and left handed frame : Re: Orientation and left handed frame Server Time
30 Apr 2024 03:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Orientation and left handed frame
From: omniverse
Date: 7 Oct 2016 15:40:01
Message: <web.57f7f940844df073b1933f770@news.povray.org>
> Jim Holsenback <spa### [at] nothanksnet> wrote:
>
> > i think you're making this /more/ complicated then it needs to be ...
>
> *** Point the left thumb in the +axis direction, curl the fingers, and that's
> the positive direction of rotation.   ***
>
> A picture or two may be a nice addition, but I don't think anything needs to be
> added to the text or changed.

I was getting a look at the camera 'right' being negative and using a viewpoint
from +z as was mentioned here.

So for any curious people I posted a couple animations showing the difference
from the more typical positive right and -z camera location.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.animations/thread/%3Cweb.57f7f2f38d36d3bfb1933f770%40news.povray.org%3E/