POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Area light idiosyncrasies : Re: Area light idiosyncrasies Server Time
29 Apr 2024 23:57:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Area light idiosyncrasies
From: omniverse
Date: 3 Oct 2016 02:15:00
Message: <web.57f1f6b4dd05ae95b1933f770@news.povray.org>
> On 2016-10-03 12:50 AM (-4), omniverse wrote:
> > Have you tried unequal numbers yet? I did and here's the result from 4 X 6.
>
> I didn't realize you could do that!  Probably because (so far) I've
> never used a circular area light without also using orient.

And opposite you I had a bad habit of only using orient without circular,
thereby receiving a message about it being changed to a circular light in order
to do that.
I finally changed my ways. Well, not always.
Just always thought orient was doing something with the shadows and not the
light itself. In fact, now rendered this same thing from what I was showing a
picture of and find it appears as a point light source!

Hmmmm. How many years have I used POV-Ray...? 20-something!  8O (<face)

Bob