POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sample Image for Bordered Characters version 1.4 : Re: Sample Image for Bordered Characters version 1.4 Server Time
1 May 2024 17:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sample Image for Bordered Characters version 1.4
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 Sep 2016 10:15:01
Message: <web.57e92d09bdb7f83bb488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
"Dave Blandston" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I should have mentioned the reason that I chose this particular image is that it
> demonstrates what I think are some useful capabilities. Specifically, the
> vertical line of text has been scaled to match the height of the collection of
> lines on the left, and so has the collection of lines on the right. The spacing
> between lines as well as the width of the white border remains consistent
> throughout the image.

Yes - those are fantastic attributes.
I worked on a word cloud a while back for a laser cutting / engraving project,
and I had to do it all by hand.  With all of the edits and revisions to get it
to look good on the final burn, it took _forever_.

The VISIO text shapes were a real blessing, I only wish some of the automated
word-cloud generators worked better.

Great work - there's no reason you shouldn't keep fine-tuning your work or
adding capabilities.  When inspiration hits - just run with it.

(apologies - need an account to see attachments)
http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=7033.0

I'll see about copying files/photos and posting them from work until I get
internet at new apt.