POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : My future bike, I hope : Re: My future bike, I hope Server Time
28 Apr 2024 03:14:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My future bike, I hope
From: lelama
Date: 14 Sep 2016 17:30:00
Message: <web.57d9c02f327c2f957a63dc9f0@news.povray.org>
Thanks Alain for the comments.  The model here is a double steering bike, with
steering axis both for the front part and  for the rear part. I already built
one. It was rideable (and fun :-) see this video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP08CeD9aV8 ) but there were several points to
ameliorate.

The projection of the pivot may be behind the wheel ( google for python bikes to
see some models and for the explaination of stability - minimum of potential
energy with a centered wheel). And for double steering, it is probably
inevitable because positive trail yields to "wheel flop" difficult to control.