POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : looks_like : Re: looks_like Server Time
11 May 2024 02:39:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looks_like
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 14 Sep 2016 10:10:00
Message: <web.57d95a2be29f651b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
The
> pigment is also used in the other finish features, which are related to
> reflection of light from somewhere else, where values above 1 make no
> physical sense.

Does that include fluorescence, such as the widespread use of optical
brighteners in laundry detergents and printer paper?

(I'm not trying to claim that the actual reflected light intensity would exceed
the incident light in practice, in those two examples, but in theory I suppose
it might be possible?