POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray features : Re: Povray features Server Time
26 Jun 2024 02:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray features
From: Berserk
Date: 14 Sep 2016 08:45:00
Message: <web.57d9462faa83bb04c1055b8c0@news.povray.org>
After some research I found answers to most of my questions.
Here are unanswered questions:

no
1) Can it capture images from scanner and/or webcam?
2) Can it do OCR?
3) Can it do vector animations?
4) Can it import and export 3D geometry? (like .obj or so)

don't know
1) Can a raster image be used as a sound? (maybe like a spectrum or so)
2) Can it capture audio from a microphone?
3) Can a video be used as a texture for a 3D surface?

Note these questions are not about Pov-Ray alone, but used with FFMPEG, SoX and
ImageMagick.

Bye, Ivano.