POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Spherical camera upside-down : Re: Spherical camera upside-down Server Time
14 May 2024 23:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spherical camera upside-down
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 9 Sep 2016 12:55:00
Message: <web.57d2e8d4978968acdadd19850@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> Le 08/09/2016 à 14:44, Mike Horvath a écrit :
>
> If you add a small look_at, it goes fine.
>
> What is interesting is without it it seems to not recompute the direction/up/right

I think this is intentional, as we had to define an order for camera parameters
in 3.6 to overcome a lot of trouble with the arbitrary order of parameters
taking immediate effect. Thus the relative parameters are only applied once in a
specific order and cannot be transformed in a meaningful way (the internal
representation is slightly different from the misc options available to the
user). Only absolute positions will be affected by teh transformation for
obvious reasons then: It is impossible to know what part of a transformation to
apply on which relative parameter (i.e. translations would not make sense).