POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Stochastics expertise needed : Re: Stochastics expertise needed Server Time
17 May 2024 02:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stochastics expertise needed
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 27 Aug 2016 07:40:00
Message: <web.57c17b018629941b5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I have to be out for most of the day today, but I figured if we were searching
for a "bicycle" that already exists, then a search ought to pick up a nice
parametrizable equation.

I started off with blackbody and Maxwell-Boltzmann distributions, but then
enough coffee kicked in...   ;)

https://www.google.com/#q=brdf+code

http://graphicrants.blogspot.com/2013/08/specular-brdf-reference.html
https://support.solidangle.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=5800819

https://www.google.com/#q=highlight+reflection+distribution

What's the "input" for this algorithm?  A vector?   I'm assuming that the output
is just the vector on the unit sphere.  I'm trying to visualize where this
"plugs in" to the pixel-evaluation chain of events.