POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s : Re: Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:44:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s
From: architype
Date: 21 Aug 2016 15:15:01
Message: <web.57b9fc8c66e64ec95e8674ac0@news.povray.org>
I think a low res version, preferably with some slight scrambling of the
surface,
will be very useful for all sorts of stuff. For instance a spiral column, I have
done some quick testing, see the image. (I was supposed to be working... :p)

I used multiple objects inside the mesh command so that I could form a section
of
the column, ie a spiral. Which I then reused to make the column.
The columns are not smooth, and they are not supposed to be.
A scrambling/randomizing will make the surface uneven and remove the "pattern".
(I havent figured out how to add some random noise yet, only how to translate
the
"sphere" structure inside the mesh.)

Of course a smoother version will be useful for making a mesh of several
spheres,
that must be useful for doing architecture. (Ie saving loads of objects that
would require resources.)

Also, I think this should be faster than a blob for making a spiral. And the
blob
would have a smooth surface that would not be so easy to scramble/make uneven.

BTW is it possible to make a mesh solid and CSG subtract it from a box for
instance?
Best wishes, /A

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'subdivided_mesh_sphere_tst2_r01.png' (1069 KB)

Preview of image 'subdivided_mesh_sphere_tst2_r01.png'
subdivided_mesh_sphere_tst2_r01.png