POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s : Re: Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:05:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wrong normal direction on triangle{ }s
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Aug 2016 22:40:00
Message: <web.57b670e866e64ec95e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> Hrrmpf... When it comes to error reports, I prefer precision. "not much"
> != "absolutely nothing".

Indeed.
I'm currently RE-taking inventory because the first time was inadequate and
questionable.  :|

From one to another - "precision" is the clustering of results, not necessarily
the intended goal.

"Accuracy" is hitting your mark.

One can be WAY off target and still be precise if they consistenly hit in the
same place.

One is "accurate" if the target is approached closely.

Just an observation from a rifle instructor, and a scientist schooled in
statistics by a statistician.  ;)

What hidden wonders POV-ray offers, eh?