POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Mule in the Lowlands : Re: The Mule in the Lowlands Server Time
17 May 2024 04:03:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Mule in the Lowlands
From: Samuel B
Date: 11 Aug 2016 15:25:00
Message: <web.57acd02cce1d77aa9adf830b0@news.povray.org>
Ive <ive### [at] lilysoftorg> wrote:
> Rendered with MC-Pov it is first of all a study for painted, scratched,
> dirty and rusty metal textures and while some look quite right others
> didn't turn out as good as I had hoped for.

Awesome execution. Good job!

> Tried it first with UberPOV but - as I'm getting more and more impatient
> in my old days - it is too slow for all the layered textures where all
> of them use blurred reflections.

Blurred reflections in UberPOV /are/ slow. If we could specify the number of
reflection blur samples (like we already do with area lights and radiosity) we
could then use antialiasing and/or focal blur to improve the overall quality.
I've already tested this with radiosity and area lights in UberPOV and it looks
very promising.

-Sam