POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:10:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: architype
Date: 11 Aug 2016 12:35:01
Message: <web.57aca87e68edbca084096a1b0@news.povray.org>
I have done some designing, and come up with a layout for the first scene that
makes use of the library.
I did a quick sketchup model with images from the web and some stuff from 3d
warehouse.
Note that it is only a very rough sketch and mainly intended to decide which
buildings to include and what part of them to show.
The first thing I want to do is model the rusticated building on the left, just
so I get a feel for how the library should best be designed.
For example an LOD switch is probably essential.
(Ie level 0 is csg or simple mesh, level 1 is larger mesh or blob and level 2 is
probably an isosurface or some other complex form.)

Best wishes, /A

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'compositionv001.jpg' (251 KB)