POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
28 Sep 2024 09:11:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: architype
Date: 10 Aug 2016 16:40:00
Message: <web.57ab904168edbca0f35197700@news.povray.org>
> On 9-8-2016 16:47, architype wrote:
> > About the library I have in mind; see the attached file for some really good
> > ideas. (from a book about renaissance architecture)
> >

> Oh absolutely! This is a trail you have to follow!
>
> --
> Thomas

Yes. No way I am missing out on that, its been on my wishlist for a long
time...
It is going to be my main freetime project for this autumn. I have started to
experiment, images are on the way. :)
But I need to think more about design and some of the technical matters.

As far as the spec goes, I have a fair idea of what I want, which isnt a bad
start actually. ;)
This time I am really going to follow the scene composition/top down approach
and not allow myself to get sidetracked ans immersed in detail.

Ie I am going to select great architecture, I am going to model them in medium
detail and I am going to compose the scene before messing with detail and only
go to work on the stuff that are really necessary for the scene to "work".

And I am _not_ going to waste time on exotic features that is supposedly
necessary for "completeness" of the library.
I know from experience that those end up as hard to understand rarely used code
that wasted a lot of time...

Anyway, about the spec and library features, here are some more images from the
same book:
http://povscriptcode.site123.me/
(Second post)
The idea is of course that the library should contain the elements/components of
the first two images,
so that the more complex buildings can then be implemented in reusable macros.

It would be really nice to have a shared project where we could work together
and get good design, nice textures and modelling plus light and composition all
together.

Best wishes, /A