POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
15 Jun 2024 15:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: architype
Date: 9 Aug 2016 12:55:01
Message: <web.57aa0a7668edbca0a67331460@news.povray.org>
>I'd like that too - I'm always amazed at how MANY clever tools people have come
>up with, and it's certainly hard to find them all, keep them straight, and
>remember that they even exist so you can use them.

That is very true, I have rewritten code that I had in my own library :P
My cure is to put up all the stuff in an insert menu so that I can supposedly
reuse it, but since documentation is so boring I tend to skip that part...

>I'd say that for the most part, many of the really useful things I've seen are
>..inc or .pov files, and so perhaps all that would be needed is the posting of a
>zipped directory packed with goodies.

I agree, those who are good tend to use less images and meshes.
But personally I find it hard to cope without image textures.

Yeah, I think we will have to settle for that for now, so I will put my stuff
on my blog.
But it is great to hear from other people who have struggled with the same
issues. :)

Best wishes, /A