POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
1 Jun 2024 13:34:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: architype
Date: 9 Aug 2016 10:50:02
Message: <web.57a9ed0d68edbca0a67331460@news.povray.org>
Thanks for some solid advice there Bald Eagle. :)

I think it depends on what the goal is; if it is just this scene then this will
be good enough with geometry, normal and pigment texture combined.
But if we are talking about what I really want, a good stone library that can
bear close inspection, then I will have to work a bit harder I think. ;)

The macro is setup so that it can be called with different rand func seeds.
But that will require more memory, so it would not be so good in this particular
scene. But it will be necessary for the library of course.

About the library I have in mind; see the attached file for some really good
ideas. (from a book about renaissance architecture)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'scan10189.jpg' (1666 KB)

Preview of image 'scan10189.jpg'