POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
1 Jun 2024 11:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 9 Aug 2016 10:15:00
Message: <web.57a9e45a68edbca0b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> What you posted shows lots of promise. :)
>
> BTW I remember a while ago Bill Pragnell posted some wall/brick and arch
> macros. You might find them interesting.
> Not that you should not do your own thing but we can always learn from
> other's work.

I'll say.   This looks really good!

I was thinking about the same macro, and I think there may have been an
isosurface tool to make stones as well.  If not, there's the IsoWood, which
could likely get modified to make blocks.

The mortar joints are nice & deep, which is a big plus.
I can say from past coments on some of my architectural stuff, that you'll
likely want to vary the scale and texture of your blocks, the positions, and
then put some layered textures on it.
Those proximity macros look like a good place for this, and eval_pigment would
be a great way to place moss, lichens, etc.
IIRC, there were a few vine macros that industrious people wrote.

It's looking very good - keep it up!