POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tinkering with textures : Re: Tinkering with textures Server Time
21 Jun 2024 02:09:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tinkering with textures
From: architype
Date: 9 Aug 2016 08:40:00
Message: <web.57a9ce5868edbca08b687d130@news.povray.org>
Hello again, I finally got some time to work on this project...
Since the top storey and the scaffolding seemed to attract the
most comments I have started on the top stone wall.

I have replaced the the plain box + stone texture with a mesh
stone arrangement.
With a granite normal it looks quite well I think, or it will
with some nice blur colour texture applied.

The arch isnt 3D as you can see from the pics, but I dont think
that matters too much with the normal applied... actually I
think it looks good with some contrasting textures.
(Quite apart from the fact that writing a true 3D arch stone
seems like a complicated operation...)

Also, the inside of the window opening isnt 3D, I was too lazy
to make and place a separate instance of the mesh macro for
that. But I think the same applies there, it seems quite
plausible that that surface should be smoother than the outer
stone face.

I can post the code if anyone likes to tinker with it...

Best wishes, /A

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'uc_topwallstone_normal.jpg' (451 KB)

Preview of image 'uc_topwallstone_normal.jpg'
uc_topwallstone_normal.jpg