POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Mesh replacements for primitives? : Re: Mesh replacements for primitives? Server Time
1 May 2024 20:47:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh replacements for primitives?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Aug 2016 19:40:01
Message: <web.57a91764db2c47315e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"architype" <arc### [at] gmxcom> wrote:

I just saw this - very extensive and informative - Thanks!  :)

Well, I often just play around with "plotting" things, and sometimes parametrics
or isosurfaces or functions are a real pain, so I just calculate things and
"plot" a point with a small sphere.

I suppose if instead of doing that, if each sphere, or box, or whatever was
written to a file as a mesh, then maybe I could "massage" the data with NetFabb
or something, remove the redundant parts, close up holes, and fix the mesh -
then it would all be "one thing".

Lots of stuff to play with, and I certainly do have a few WIPS waiting in the
wings that are large buildings with many identical pieces of furniture and other
items, so this sort of thing will come in handy.