POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Lady : Re: Dragon Lady Server Time
29 Jun 2024 05:39:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Lady
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Aug 2016 12:15:00
Message: <web.57a8afdce7e0b8f7b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> > Yes.  I am (usually) a big fan of checklists.
> Unless something is going to go bang. I am not, I am afraid.

For a while, I was using some organoboranes, organoaluminum, and organozinc
reagents that were air-sensitive and spontaneously pyrophoric.
So there was great potential for "pop"  "Whooooooosssssh"   "BANG"

Others were .... less safety conscious - and it showed.

> The idea is to add dirt/staining to edges, junctions of surfaces etc.
> You might be interested in this thread.

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cweb.4aa83e6a37d8ab92c83e2c410%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=3233
17

Oooh, yes.   That must be the "Edouard Poor" I have heard so much about in
related threads.   I'll definitely have to check those macros out.  They could
add as much or more as radiosity does to a scene.   :)

> *.obj is the geometry file, *.mtl is the textures referenced by the obj
> file. Both are text and human readable.

Got it.  It's been a while.