POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Dragon Lady : Re: Dragon Lady Server Time
2 Jun 2024 11:42:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dragon Lady
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Aug 2016 15:05:00
Message: <web.57a78531e7e0b8f75e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> I use three media in one interior.

Changed my code - that seems to work for me now.

> I would post the code but it is messy. I have to overwrite the code
> Bishop3d exports with the code modified to run direct from Pov.

Seems messy and time consuming.

> Both Bishop3d and Moray export a pov file for each frame and it takes
> PovRay 16 seconds to save the scene.

"Frame"?  Is that one of the "slices" to make the DF3?

> Creating the tga files to make the
> df3's would take Bishop3d about an hour and a half to export 100 frames
> times 3 for each channel.

That seems insane.

There has to be a better way / workflow.

I had an idea last night -
I did a quick experiment with the Stanford Dragon mesh:
defined the object
used #declare Variable = VRand_In_Obj(object {StanfordDragon}, Stream);
to get the coordinates of 10,000 spheres, and placed them, made a copy of that
and overlaid it with a "skin", plus rendered a jade textured mesh beside it - in
51 seconds.

I'm thinking that it may be well worth your while to either ditch media and use
an alternate scheme, or use POV-Ray to scan through a full-color solid object
and make a point-cloud right in SDL

http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/povexamples/

I think there must be a way to export the full RGB data in a single DF3, and
then maybe overlay the real mesh with a highly-transparent texture.

Can you make the mesh object filled with a media directly?

I don't play with these things very often, so I'm just brainstorming.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'fillobjecttest.png' (158 KB)

Preview of image 'fillobjecttest.png'