POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Burmese / Indian python skin : Re: Burmese / Indian python skin Server Time
3 May 2024 03:37:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Burmese / Indian python skin
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Aug 2016 12:00:00
Message: <web.57a608d2e212ea235e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> Indeed, very nice if uv-mapped!

{Ha! My thoughts exactly - here ya go  :D }

Thanks, Norbert.
I was very pleased to have accidentally stumbled upon this result of a
confluence of experiments.

> I guess, crackle with overlay of stretched and distorted leopard?

Crackle yes, but the rest of the "texture" is actually the result of compressing
my blobbed diamond-cubic unit cell after applying the crackle texture.  The
"scales" are actually the spherical nodes of the diamond network, and the
apparently smooth "skin" is just all of the overlaid skeletal connections.

I have a few more mathematical / crystallographic 3D patterns that I'm looking
to experiment with - hopefully some of those will suggest equally interesting
applications.

> Please give some code...

I'll post the SDL in scene files section.

> Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'texturetest1.png' (200 KB)