POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ha...help : Re: Ha...help Server Time
14 May 2024 01:21:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ha...help
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 5 Aug 2016 13:05:00
Message: <web.57a4c6eddfd6fa80b488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <lef### [at] freefr> wrote:

> <0,0,0> is the only 100% BAD value.
>
> Remember inside_vector is not a position, it's a direction.

After I posted my hasty response, I realized that even if it WAS a location,
it's a torus, and that would be bad too   :D

<1, 0, 0>*(MajorRadius) would be a good vector that would intersect the torus if
the test ray originates at the origin.

I would presume that if that inside_vector is part of the mesh definition, then
when the torus gets rotated, the inside_vector gets modified in the same
fashion.

It's always these little details.  ;)