POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bordered Characters version 1.3 : Re: Bordered Characters version 1.3 Server Time
3 May 2024 08:48:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bordered Characters version 1.3
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 30 Jul 2016 07:25:01
Message: <web.579c8dcb47c24a6871b844040@news.povray.org>
StephenS <nom### [at] nomailcom> wrote:
> And with some changes to texture.
> I understand this may not be the intended use of the 'BorderChars', but
> one runs the risk when publishing to the ether.
>
> I might need to look into co-incident surfaces, if I want to go further.
>
> Stephen S

My intended use for the characters is whatever anyone wants to use them for! I'm
very excited to see them used in the creative manner that you're using them!

I think you would see coincident surface problems immediately if they were
there. Or maybe the POV-Ray programmers have solved the coincident surface
problem. If you haven't already, replace the wood texture with a plain color to
check since the more complex wood texture may camouflage the coincident surface
noise.

Good luck with your project, and thanks for sharing the picture!

Regards,
Dave Blandston